Frequently Asked Questions

We hope the information below will answer your questions, if you require any further information, please email us at, where we will be happy to help you.

Are my payments financially protected?

Air Travel Operators Licensing (ATOL)

ATOL is a financial protection scheme for air holiday packages and flights managed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). All tour operators and travel firms selling air holiday packages and flights in the UK are required by law to hold a licence called an Air Travel Organisers Licence (ATOL).

Travellers who are booked and contracted with a licensed tour operator for a complete air holiday package or a flight are protected from losing money or being stranded abroad if their tour operator goes out of business. Refunds can be made to people who cannot travel and arrangements can be made to fly people home.

Please note: The scheme does not protect customers who book their flights independently directly with airlines. If you do wish to book your own flight, do ensure you book with an agent holding an ATOL Licence.

Solo Travellers Ltd – ATOL Licence No T7476

Travel Trust Association (TTA)

By booking with a member of the TTA, you can book your holiday in the knowledge that TTA will protect you in the unlikely event of that member becoming insolvent.

Should a member of the Travel Trust Association for any reason financially fail or cease trading, the Travel Trust Association will liaise with the suppliers and Tour Operators to ensure that your holiday goes ahead unaffected. If for any reason this is not possible, we will administer a claim for a refund of money that you have paid to a member for your holiday.

All members of the Travel Trust Association have to abide by the member Code of Conduct to ensure that you receive the best possible service.

Solo Travellers Ltd is a member of the Travel Trust Association and fully complies with the Code of Conduct. (Membership Number: TTA – Q0481)

Can I fly from other regional airports?

No matter where you are based in the UK, there is always the option to fly from regional airports such as Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, or wherever you may be. Some of our customers even join us from other parts of the world, so most of our trips can be joined from almost anywhere.


What is the typical age range and how big are the groups?

The average age group on our trips can vary depending on trip but as a general guide, ages range from 50% of people in their 30’s ,40’s and 50’s the other 50% in their 60’s and 70’s and even the occasional person in their 80’s. We know age is just a number and we find the mix of age groups makes an excellent group dynamic, so everyone is welcome. We keep group sizes relatively small, with the maximum number of attendees being 15, to ensure we maintain that personal touch.

Does a host accompany all trips and what is their role?

All European trips are accompanied by a host from the UK. Most of our hosts have already been on Solo Travellers Trips and have buckets of travel experience. They are good organisers and will be a point of contact for you whilst you are away. They will also co-ordinate the tours and restaurants for mealtimes. Our hosts will always be on hand to ensure that everyone enjoys their holiday and for any emergencies that may arise.


What happens at mealtimes?

Dinner is arranged by our hosts every evening whilst you are away, if not included as half board. You will be given meeting arrangements for dinner each day, so if you fancy a day on your own or have other activities planned, you will always know where to meet up with the group in the evening. Mealtimes give everyone a chance to get to know each other and share some interesting conversation over the local cuisine and a glass of wine or two.


Will I need a visa?

When booking your trip, you will be asked for your passport’s country of issue so we can check the visa requirements. We will then advise the requirements for that specific country and offer a visa service, where we can lodge your passport on your behalf once you have completed the required documentation.  We charge a small fee, but you will be free from stress and will avoid taking time off work.


What information will I receive before the trip?

Approximately 2 weeks before the trip, you will be sent out meeting arrangements via email. This will include details of your flights, hotels and contact details for the host or tour company.